FOGL Minutes

Tuesday, 27th August 2019

Welcome:  President, Jasmine Pipe opened the meeting at 7.02pm

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Geoff Earl, Ray Smith, Ann Pipe and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Apologies:  Heather Buckley and Marie Cotter

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting.

Moved:  Ross Craven Seconded: Geoff Earl

Matters arising from previous minutes.

  1. Catering for the Men’s Shed Morning Tea went well with plenty of morning tea for the 36 men who turned up from various towns on a very cold and snowy morning.  $50 was donated by the Men’s Shed.
  2. Library Book Sale was discussed.  It was decided to hold it in the CWA rooms, for a week in the next School Holidays if possible, Tuesday to Saturday, from 10a.m to 4p.m.  Jasmine to ring Lyn McCullough to check on availability and rent required.

Correspondence: – Nil

Treasurer’s Report: –

Inward: $0.78 Bank Interest

Outward: Nil

Bank Balance: – $831.58

Members were given a copy of the Treasurer’s report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross Craven Seconded: – Geoff Earl

General Business

  1. Street Stall on 18th October.  Raffle – Open Order – decision to be made at September meeting as to the amount of Open Order.
  2. Movie: – “Rocket Man” on Saturday 21st September 7.45pm set up for 8.00pm start.

‘President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting at 7.26 and thanked members for attending.

The date for the next meeting Tuesday 24th September 2019 at 7pm

Tuesday, 23rd July 2019

Welcome:  President, Jasmine Pipe opened the meeting after the AGM and welcomed everyone present.

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Geoff Earl, Heather Buckley, Ray Smith, Ann Pipe and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Apologies:  Marie Cotter

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting.

Moved:  Ross Seconded:  Naomi

Matters arising from previous minutes.

  1. Catering for the Men’s Shed Morning Tea at The Hub on Saturday 10th August, 2019 at 10.00a.am. Setting up at The Hub to be done Friday 9th at 4.30p.m.

Correspondence:

Inward:- Bank Statement

Outward:- Nil

Moved Ross Craven, Sec. Jasmine Pipe That the Correspondence be received.

Treasurer’s Report:-

Inward: $1.28 Interest

Outward: $73.13 Unpresented Cheque

Bank Balance: $830.80

Members were given a copy of the Treasurer’s report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross   Seconded:  Naomi

General Business

  1. Movies.  There will be a family movie, “Dumbo’ on Saturday, 10th August, 2019 at 4.00pm. with 3.45p.m. set up.
  2. Library Subsidy of $69,000 was discussed.  Erica proposes to use this subsidy to replace the Front Desk to meet required standards and updating of Family and Local History.
  3. A week long Book Sale was discussed with suggestions for a venue being:- former CWA Hall and Court House  (Venues to be investigated at a later date).
  4. It was suggested that a Sympathy Card be sent from FOGL to Terry and Deidre Carroll on the passing of Terry’s sister, Del Moriarty of Cowra.  Geoff Earle offered to send a card on our behalf.

President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting at 7.44pm and thanked members for attending.

The date for the next meeting Tuesday 27th August, 2019 at 7pm

AGM Minutes

Tuesday 23rd July 2019

Present: Jasmine Pipe, Geoff Earle, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Heather Buckley, Ann Pipe, Ray Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian as Chair of the meeting]

Welcome: Erica Kearnes welcomed everyone to the AGM.

Apologies: Marie Cotter

July monthly meeting to follow the AGM

Confirm chair of the AGM

Erica Kearnes was confirmed as the Chair of the AGM

Moved: Ross Seconded: Naomi

Minutes of the Previous AGM

That the minutes AGM having been circulated to be confirm as a true and correct record of the previous AGM.

Moved: Jasmine Seconded: Ross

Presentation of President Report

            Welcome to my 1st President’s report for FOGL when I started thinking about what we as a committee have been involved with in the last financial year I am very proud as I hope all members are, of what we have accomplished.

In the 2018/19 financial year we currently have 7 financial members.

  • In September 2018 we officially launched a FOGL face book page to keep people up to date with events. Currently 27 people have liked the page with 3 new likes in this past week. Although this is a relatively small number it shows that people are interested
  • We began showing movies in October of 2018 and it has been our aim to show movies once a month on a Saturday night extra movies have been shown in school holidays and where possible there has been movies shown on Tuesday mornings, when times are available. The Tuesday movies have been attended by MPS residents as well as other community members. In December FOGL purchased the rights to show Roadshow movies which has seen us be able to show many newer movies to the community including Ladies in Black and Bohemian Rhapsody. The movies are free to watch. The FOGL run a candy bar and there is a Donation jar available if people WISH to donate. A big thank you to the Grenfell men’s shed for assisting us with the production of our Candy Bar trolley.
  • Movie attendance for 2018/19 financial year has been 255 people
  • FOGL has assisted with the purchase of board books that are added to newborn baby information packs and sent to community health to be handed out to new mothers. In the last year Erica has provided approx. 40 packs in two lots of 20.
  • On the 3rd of December 2018 Erica held a “by invitation only” and official opening of the new library refurbishments which FOGL assisted in the supply of morning tea. On the same morning FOGL presented the Country Education Foundation with a cheque for $70 to help assist students finishing school to go on to tertiary studies.
  • 2 street stalls were held to raise funds for FOGL in October 2018 and March 2019. Thank you to all who assisted with these stalls
  • In June we held a Biggest Morning Tea and our guest speaker was Michelle Rohan who gave a great talk on how the local Can Assist committee although small in number can be of great assistance to those who may be in need
  • We also assisted the Librarian with purchasing local Newspapers on microfilm from Jan-Dec 93 and Jan June 94 with FOGL funds.

UPCOMING EVENTS

FOGL will be catering for a men shed morning tea on the 10th of August for approx. 40-50 people

A family movie Dumbo will be held in the cinema on the afternoon of the 10th of August.

In Closing I would like to thank the FOGL members who have assisted in anyway in the past 12 months. It has been greatly appreciated. Special thanks also must go to Anne Gault and Marie Cotter who have helped us with catering when required.

If anyone would like to become a member of FOGL or are willing to give assistance with functions or the regular movies or street stalls Please contact myself on 0400499723 or alternatively leave your contact details with the Librarian and I will contact you personally.

Thank you for a great effort and a great year may we continue to grow in number in the year ahead.

Moved: Jasmine Seconded: Geoff

Presentation of Treasurer Report

Summary of the banking activity from 1st July 2017 until 25th June 2018.

Income

Subscriptions                                                                $30.00

Sundries                                                                       $30.00

Donations                                                                     $374.35

Book Sales                                                                   $0

Functions                                                                      $1,142.90

Interest %                                                                     $13.29

                                                Total credits                 $1590.54

Expenditure

Catering                                                                        $335.39

Equipment                                                                    $120.00

Donations                                                                     $70.00

Subscriptions                                                                $275.00

Sundries                                                                       $1,061.10

                                                Total debits                  $1,861.49

Carried forward 1st July 2018                                          $1,101.75

Credits                                                                          $1590.54

Debits                                                                        – $1861.49

Balance as at 25th June 2019                                        $830.80

Ledger has been balanced with bank account online.

Created by Ross Craven, Treasurer

Moved: Ross Craven     Seconded: Naomi

Declare all Positions vacated and election of 2019-2020 Executive

President          Jasmine Pipe    [Jasmine accepted position]

Nominated by Geoff      Seconded: Ross

Vice President               Geoff Earle       [Geoff accepted position]

Nominated by Jasmine  Seconded: Ross

Secretary          Naomi Steinhardt           [Naomi accepted position]

Nominated by Naomi   Seconded: Geoff

Treasurer           Ross Craven                 [Ross accepted position]

Nominated by Jasmine  Seconded by Geoff

Publicity Officer            Ray Smith         [Ray accepted position]

Nominated by Ross       Seconded by Geoff

Committee

All members will be on the committee

Vote of thanks to outgoing Executive

Erica Kearnes gave thanks to the outgoing Executive and welcomed the New Executive for 2019-2020

Determination of Annual Fee

It was agreed that the Annual fee be set at $10.00 per member

Moved: Ann   Seconded: Naomi

As there was no other business meeting closed at 7.18pm

The date for the next AGM Tuesday 23rd June 2020

Wednesday 26th June 2019

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Geoff Earl, Heather Buckley and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine opened the meeting at 2.01pm

Apologies:  Ann Pipe

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting.

Moved:  Ross Seconded:  Geoff

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Microfilms have arrived

Correspondence

Inward: IGA statement

Outward:  Microfilm cheque

Moved:  Geoff Seconded:  Naomi

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $83.64

Outward: $896.29

Bank Balance: $904.65

Members were given a copy of the Treasurers report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross   Seconded:  Naomi

General Business

  1. Saturday 10 August Catering for the Grenfell Mens Shed at the Hub 9-10am approx. 40-50 people. Ann scones, Naomi jam biscuits/slice, Heather slice and Geoff Tea/coffee/sugar/milk/juice, plates & cups. Setup Fri 9 Aug at 4.30pm

Any other Business

AGM will be held in July.

President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting at 7.18pm and thanked members for attending.

The date for the next meeting Tuesday 23 July 2019 at 7pm

Tuesday 28th May 2019

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Ann Pipe, Geoff Earl, Heather Buckley and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine opened the meeting at 6.57pm

Apologies:  Nil

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting.

Moved:  Geoff  Seconded:  Ross

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Biggest Morning Tea raised $150

Correspondence

Inward: IGA statement and new cheque book

Outward:  Nil

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $86.29

Outward: $81.19

Bank Balance: $1,636.11

Members were given a copy of the Treasurers report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross   Seconded:  Jasmine

General Business

  1. Saturday 10 August Catering for the Grenfell Mens Shed at the Hub 9-10am approx. 40-50 people
  2. Microfilms – Motion to purchase the next 3 years 1993,1994 & 1995 $696. Moved Ross Seconded: Naomi. Motion Passed

Any other Business

Nil

President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting at 7.19pm and thanked members for attending.

The date for the next meeting Wednesday 26th June at 2pm.

Tuesday 23rd April 2019

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Ann Pipe, Geoff Earl and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine opened the meeting at 7pm

Apologies:  Heather Buckley

Moved:  Ross   Seconded:  Naomi

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting.

Corrections to be made:

  1. Typo Matters arising from previous minutes changed to Matters arising from previous minutes.
  2. Correct wording from Movies – Roadshow [as per September minutes]
    1. It was decided in December 2018 by Erica Kearnes, Jasmine Pipe and Ross Craven that FOGL will pay the subscription fee of $250.00. The subscription is on a calendar year basis.

To Movies – Roadshow [as per September minutes]

Moved:  Ross   Seconded:  Naomi

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Nil

Correspondence

Inward: Bank statement and IGA statement

Outward:  Nil

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $1.28

Outward: $0

Bank Balance: $1,631.01

Members were given a copy of the Treasurers report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross   Seconded:  Jasmine

General Business

  1.  Biggest Morning Tea

Thursday 23 May at 10.30am

Jasmine has locked in Michelle Rohan as speaker

Erica to talk to Anne Gault re: scones

Any other Business

Erica has asked for any suggestions on how to spend the money that is raised at the next meeting.

President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting at 7.14pm and thanked members for attending.

The date for the next meeting Tuesday 28th May 2019.

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 26TH, 2019

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith, Heather Buckley, Jan Diprose and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine Pipe welcomed members to the first meeting of 2019.

Apologies:  Ray Smith and Anne Pipe.  It was noted that Geoff Earle was absented but no apology given

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Ross Craven

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting

Naomi Steinhardt and Ross Craven noted that there were a few mistakes in the October 2019 minutes.  Ross Craven moved an amendment to state that it should have been “4th Tuesday of the month not the 3rd Tuesday and a “d” was put on the end of place.  

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe               Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Movies – Roadshow [as per September minutes]

            After previous discussion and agreement by FOGLthe subscription fee of $275.00 was paid due to the contract working on a calendar year basis.

2.         November Coffee Morning [as per September minutes]

A discussion took place regarding the coffee mornings.  The coffee mornings will be held four times per year and to coincide with events in the Library.  The next coffee morning will be Thursday 23rd May 2019.  The theme is Biggest Morning Tea.  Jasmine Pipe will investigate a Speaker for the morning.  FOGL members will cater.

Correspondence

Inward: Weddin Shire Council – Street Stall dates

         Patricia Smith – Resignation letter as Secretary

Outward:  Weddin Shire Council – Requesting dates on the Street Stall calendar

                                Friday March 8th, 2019 and Friday 18th October 2019

Moved:  Naomi Steinhardt         Seconded:  Ross Craven

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $253.00

Outward: $657.00 – unpresented cheques $99.95

Bank Balance: $831.24 as per 31st January 2019 statement

Members were given a copy of the Treasurers report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross Craven    Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

General Business

  1.  Street Stall -Friday March 8th, 2019

 Stall will operate from 9am until 3pm

Set up time– 8.30am Naomi Steinhardt and Patricia Smith

Roster – Naomi Steinhardt and Patricia Smith [ 9am – 11am]

             Jasmine Pipe and Heather Buckley [11am – 1pm]

             Ross Craven and Ray Smith [1pm – 3pm]

Raffle –  Prize $100.00 Open Order at your choice of Business Grenfell

Erica Kearnes will organize a Book for Bubs pack as a display.

  • Election of Secretary

As a temporary has to be appointed, Ross Craven nominated Erica Kearnes as Secretary until the AGM in July 20019 and Jasmine Pipe seconded the nomination.

Members thanked out going secretary Patricia Smith.

Any other Business

Naomi Steinhardt stated that an apology be recorded for the March meeting for her.

President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting at 7.55pm and thanked members for attending.

The date for the next meeting Tuesday 26th March 2019

TUESDAY OCTOBER 23RD, 2018

Present:  Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine Pipe welcomed members to the October meeting [open 7.03PM]

Apologies:  Ray Smith

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Ross Craven

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting

Moved:  Ross Craven                Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Movies – Roadshow [as per September minutes]

            It was decided to defer the decision until the February meeting in 2019.  More discussion will take placed at the meeting as numbers viewing the movies is low.

Moved: Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Ross Craven

2.         November Coffee Morning [as per September minutes]

            The tentative date of the 6th November clashed with the movie scheduled for this date.  Melbourne Cup luncheons and other related activities were also scheduled for that day.  The next coffee morning will be decided at February meeting in 2019.

Moved: Jasmine Pipe    Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

3.         Senior’s Morning Tea 2019

            President Jasmine Pipe and Librarian Erica Kearnes declared that their decision was to postpone the FOGL Senior’s Morning Tea for 2019, and conduct them on a bi – annual basis, due to cost of running this event.  No vote taken.

Correspondence

Inward: Nil

Outward:  Men’s shed thank you and donation of $120  

Moved:  Naomi Steinhardt         Seconded:  Patricia Smith

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $31.00 plus $1.00 interest

Total   $32.00

Outward: Nil

Bank Balance: $1135.81 as per 30th September statement

Members were given a copy of the Treasurers report for their own reference.

Moved:  Ross Craven    Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

General Business

  1. Annual Christmas Party

The Christmas Luncheon will be held on Monday 19th November at “Unwind”

at 12 noon.  This will be open to member’s partners, the meal at our own cost.  Naomi Steinhardt suggested a $10.00 donation per member to be given to a charity, to be decided at the luncheon.  The donation to be made instead of Secret Santa.

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Patricia Smith

2.         Street stall dates for 2019

            The dates agreed by members are:

            Friday, March 8th or Friday March 22nd

                        And

            Friday October 18th or Friday October 25th

Letter to Weddin Shire Council requesting our dates for Street Stall calendar 2019 to be sent late October.

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

Before the meeting closedErica Kearnes [Librarian] thanked members for their valuable time and assistance during 2018.

Any other business

As there was no further business President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting and thanked everyone who attended. 

Meeting closed 7.23pm.

The date of the next meeting will be Tuesday February 26th due to there only being three Tuesdays in February, 2019 at 7pm

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2018

Present:  Geoff Earle, Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine Pipe welcome members to the August meeting [open 7.07PM]

Apologies:  Ray Smith

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Ross Craven

Secretary Patricia Smith thanked Naomi Steinhardt for collecting the Posters and Flyers after the Coffee morning.  Patricia also thanked Jasmine Pipe and Erica Kearnes for doing the September Agenda.

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting

Moved:  Patricia Smith              Seconded:  Ross Craven

Naomi Steinhardt moved an amendment that there were a few mistakes in the August minutes [spelling]

A motion by Ross Craven that the amendment to be noted.

Moved:  Patricia Smith               Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Subscriptions for FOGL

            A discussion by members took place regarding the yearly subscription fee. In 2017 the subscription was raised to $5.00, in previous years it was only $2.00. Members agreed that the subscription fee stay as $5.00.  Members voted on the motion and it was passed.

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded: Naomi Steinhardt

Correspondence

Inward: Jan Parlett – Thank you card [invite to FOGL coffee morning.  Jan also sent her apology for not attending.

                        The Ray family – Thank you for the Newborn pack

Outward:          Nil       

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe   Seconded:  Geoff Earle

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $43.00 

Outward: $42.00          

Bank Balance: $1101.75 as per 1st July minutes

New Signatories were required for FOGL cheque book.

Jasmine Pipe – President [new signatory]

Ross Craven – Treasurer [new signatory]

Patricia Smith – Secretary

[existing signatory]

Erica Kearnes – Librarian

[existing signatory]

Any two signatories to sign the cheques.

A donation of $5.00 by person unknown.

Moved:  Ross Craven    Seconded:  Geoff Earle

General Business

1.         Members Details Updated

Members provided their updated details and gave them to Erica Kearnes [Librarian]

Moved:  Patricia Smith  Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

2.         Movies

            Erica Kearnes Librarian updated members about the Movies we could hire. Roadshow has a flat fee for Libraries [$250.00 per year and only one movie per month.  Roadshow movies we will be able to charge a small admission. Further discussion at the October meeting regarding admission fee.  We can subscribe to Roadshow along with the Grenfell Library on 50/50 basis. Members agreed and approved the motion.

Moved:  Patricia Smith  Seconded:  Ross Craven

3.         Tea Trolley

            The trolley was kindly made by the Grenfell Men’s Shed.  A motion by Patricia Smith that FOGL give a donation to the Men’s Shed.  Members agreed that FOGL donate $120.00 along with a Letter of appreciation.

Moved:  Patricia Smith              Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

4.         November Coffee Morning

            A tentative date was put forward for the next Coffee morning., Tuesday 6th November 2018.  More discussion and a decision will be made at the October Meeting.

5.         Erica Kearnes [Librarian] informed members that at the August Council meeting that FOGL Insurance coverage was approved by Council.

Any other business

As there was no further business President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting and thanked everyone who attended.  Meeting closed 7.45pm.

The date of next meeting Tuesday October 23rd, 2018 at 7pm

TUESDAY AUGUST 28TH, 2018

Present:  Geoff Earle, Jasmine Pipe, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome:  Jasmine Pipe welcome members to the August meeting [open 7.06pm]

Apologies:  Ray Smith

Moved:  Patricia Smith       Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

Minutes of the previous meeting.

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting

Moved:  Ross Craven                    Seconded:  Patricia Smith

Geoff Earle noted that there was an omission in the July minutes that should have been noted that enquires into appointing of an Auditor.

A motion by Ross Craven that the amendment to be noted.

Moved:  Geoff Earle                        Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

Matters arising from previous minutes.

1.         Election of Treasurer

            Ross Craven accepted appointment

            Nominated by:  Jasmine Pipe      Seconded: Geoff Earle

            Election of Marketing / Publicity Officer

            Jasmine Pipe and Patricia Smith accepted joint appointment

            Nominated by:  Ross Craven                   Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

            Auditor

            Geoff Earle reported that as we are a small non – profit group, we do not require an Auditor

2.         Coffee morning defer to General business

Correspondence

Inward:          Ms. Steph Cooke MP – reply to letter sent dated 25/6/18

Outward:       Invitations to FOGL coffee morning

                        Mayor and Councilors

                        General Manager – Glenn Carroll

                        Director of Corporate Services – Lachlan Gibson

                        [Total 11 letters]

                        Announcement to Deidre Carroll re 2LF [Meeting dates and Coffee morning]

Moved:  Patricia Smith       Seconded:  Ross craven

Treasurer’s Report

Inward: $       Nil

Outward: $   Nil

Bank Balance: $1101.75 as per July minutes

Moved:  Jasmine Pipe        Seconded:  Geoff Earle

General Business

1.         Coffee Morning

            Posters and flyers placed in various locations in town

            Cooking provided by – Anne Gault, Anne Pipe and Naomi Steinhardt

            Erica Kearnes will have table set up and have urn ready.

            Milk and juice will be purchase on the day

            Debrief at the September meeting.

Moved:  Patricia Smith       Seconded:  Ross Craven

2.         Update members’ details re contact and email address

            Members to provide their details to Erica Kearnes and a printout will be made available to members.

Moved:  Geoff Earle                       Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

3.         Minutes and Agendas

            These will be emailed to members, if no email address a hard copy will be available.  This process will begin for the October meeting.

Moved:  Patricia Smith       Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

4.         Another Fund-raising idea

            Jasmine Pipe outlined her idea of a 100 club.  There will be a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize.  Entry price $2.00 per number, this could be done at a street stall.

            Jasmine Pipe raised another matter regarding Raffle tickets. Contact details on tickets sold, this includes full name and phone number.

            Discussions took place about further fund-raising ideas and raffle prizes.  Some of ideas were – Sothern Cross Cinema passes

                                -Grenfell Pool passes

                                – Dinner voucher

Moved:  Ross Craven                    Seconded:  Jasmine Pipe

Any other business

1.         Movies

            Erica Kearnes and Jasmine Pipe make a motion that FOGL along with Librarian Erica Kearnes; we could hire movies from the National Film Sound Archive [NFSA].  Hiring a movie will cost about $22.00; we will not be able to charge an admission due to their policy although we could have a donation box.  Erica Kearnes will make enquiries to Lachlan Gibson [Director of Corporate Services] regarding the hire of the Cinema in the Hub.  The movies could be targeted to certain groups in the community.  Residents of MPS [Tuesday morning 10am – 12pm], Children’s’ movies and family nights.  Simple food could be on hand to cater to movie goers e.g. popcorn; morning tea.  Members agreed that FOGL could share the cost of hiring the movies.

Moved:  Ross Craven                    Seconded:  Naomi Steinhardt

As there was no further business President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting and thanked everyone who attended.  Meeting closed 8.10pm

The date of next meeting Tuesday September 25th, 2018 at 7pm

JULY 24TH 2018

PRESENT: Jasmine Pipe, Geoff Earle, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome: Jasmine Pipe welcomed members to the July meeting.

Apologies: Ray Smith and Debbie Stanton

Moved: Patricia Smith            Seconded: Ross Craven

Minutes of the previous meeting

That the minutes have been circulated to be confirmed as a true and correct record of the previous meeting.

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Ross Craven

Matters arising from previous meeting

1.         Fund raising ideas defer general business

Correspondence

Inward:          Credit Union Statement

Outward:       Nil

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Ross Craven

Treasurer’s Report

Patricia Smith gave a report in the absent of a Treasurer. The report as per Credit Union Statement.

Effective         Transaction    Transaction                debit   credit              Balance

Date                Date                Details

——————————————————————————————————–

31 Dec ‘17                              opening balance                                             $752.76

                        31 Jan ‘            Interest credit                            $0.70             $753.46

                        28 Feb             Interest credit                            $0.64             $754.10

                        16 Mar             Cash deposit               $38.00                        $792.10

                        16 Mar             Cash deposit                             $604.10         $1396.2

                        31 Mar             Interest credit                            $1.01             $1397.21

11 Apr             12 Apr             Personal cheque

                                                489573                        $64.80                         $1332.41

                        30 Apr             Interest credit                            $1.22             $1333.63

23 May            24 May            Personal cheque

                                                489575                        $179.09                       $1154.54

                        31 May            Interest credit                          $1.20              $1155.74

15 Jun              18 Jun              Personal cheque

                                                489574                        $70.00                         $1085.74

                        25 Jun              Cash deposit                           $15..00           $1100.74

                        30 Jun              Interest credit                          $1.01              $1101.75

30 Jun                                     Closing Balance                                             $1101.75

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Geoff Earle

General Business

1.         Fund raising ideas

Motion by Geoff Earle that we hold two street stalls in 2019, and Erica Kearnes suggest the months of March and October. Letter to be sent to Council later in the year with our preferred dates.

Moved: Naomi Steinhardt     Seconded: Patricia Smith

Motion by Jasmine Pipe that we hold bi-monthly coffee mornings. Talks about the Library and state budget cuts to NSW Libraries. The first coffee morning will be Wednesday 12 September 2018 at 10.30am  A gold coin donation.. 

Moved: Jasmine Pipe             Seconded: Ross Craven

2.         Discussions took place regarding promoting FOGL to our local community.  Our Marketing / Publicity Officer will take this on, promoting FOGL and our activites to the Community e.g. FOGL page in the Grenfell Record and Face book. Another aspect will be to ask Deirdre Carroll who has a segment on 2LF every Wednesday morning mention meetings dates and events that FOGL host.

As there was no other business President Jasmine Pipe closed the meeting and thanked everyone who attended.  Meeting closed 7.55pm.

The date of the next meeting [Tuesday 28th August 2018]

AGM MINUTES

TUESDAY 24TH JULY 2018

PRESENT: Jasmine Pipe, Geoff Earle, Ross Craven, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian as Chair of the meeting]

Welcome: Erica Kearnes welcomed everyone to the AGM.

Apologies: Ray Smith and Debbie Stanton

Moved: Jasmine Pipe Seconded: Ross Craven

July monthly meeting to follow the AGM

Confirm chair of the AGM

Erica Kearnes was confirmed as the Chair of the AGM

Moved: Geoff Earle Seconded: Patricia Smith

Minutes of the Previous AGM

That the minutes AGM having been circulated to be confirm as a true and correct record of the previous AGM.

Moved: Patricia Smith Seconded: Geoff Earle

Presentation of President Report

No report was available

Presentation of Treasurer Report

Debbie Stanton was unable to attend meeting; a report was handed to Erica Kearnes Librarian for the AGM.

Summary of the banking activity from 1st July 2017 until 25th June 2018.

Credits

Subscriptions                                                               $55.00

Donations                                                                    $139.00

Book Sales                                                                  $286.60

Proceeds raffles and street stall                                  $696.45

Interest %                                                                    $8.27

Payment for event                                                       $400.00

                                                Total credits               $1585.32

Debits

Catering cost                                                               $846.45

Gifts                                                                            $100.00

Tables purchase                                                          $180.00

Donation for hall                                                         $70.00

                                                Total debits                $1196.45

Carried forward 1st July 2017                                     $711.87

Credits                                                                        $1585.32

Debits                                                                        – $1196.45

Balance as at 25th June 2018                                    $1100.74

Ledger has been balanced with bank account online.

Created by Debbie Stanton, Treasurer from February 2018

Moved: Ross Craven  Seconded: Patricia Smith

Declare all Positions vacated and election of 2018-2019 Executive

President         Jasmine Pipe   [Jasmine accepted position]

Nominated by Patricia Smith  Seconded: Geoff Earle

Vice President             Geoff Earle     [Geoff accepted position]

Nominated by Ross Craven    Seconded: Patricia Smith

Secretary         Patricia Smith             [Patricia accepted position]

Nominated by Geoff Earle   Seconded: Ross Craven

Treasurer

No nominations will be deferred to the August monthly meeting

Marketing / Publicity Officer

No nominations will be deferred to the August monthly meeting

Auditor

To be appointment at the August monthly meeting, enquires being made to whom to approach to be Auditor.

Committee

All members will be on the committee

Vote of thanks to outgoing Executive

Erica Kearnes gave thanks to the outgoing Executive and welcomed the New Executive for 2018-2019

Moved: Ross Craven   Seconded: Geoff Earle

Determination of Annual Fee

It was agreed that the Annual fee be set at $5.00 per member

Moved: Ross Craven   Seconded: Jasmine Pipe

As there was no other business meeting closed at 7.24pm

The date for the next AGM Tuesday 25th June 2019

JUNE 26th 2018

PRESENT:  Ross Craven, Jasmine Pipe, Naomi Steinhardt, Patricia Smith and Erica Kearnes [Librarian] as an observer.

Welcome: Members were welcome to the meeting  especially Naomi Steinhardt as a new member.

Apologies: Ray Smith, Anne Gault and Debbie Stanton

Moved: Jasmine Pipe             Seconded: Ross Craven

Minutes of the previous meeting

That the minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and accurate record of the previous minutes.  Ross Craven noted that there were a few mistakes [spelling], Secretary Patricia Smith made changes and initialised them.

Moved: Ross Craven              Seconded: Patricia Smith

Matters arising from previous meeting

1.         AGM June Meeting

The AGM didn’t proceed due to lack of members attending.  The AGM meeting will be held in the future, date to be decided by members.

Correspondence

Inward:          Debbie Stanton – resigning as Treasurer and stating member only status

Outward:       Marie Young – appreciation letter

                        Uniting Church Hall committee – donation [hall hire]

                        Ms Steph Cooke – stating our objection of Funding cuts to Libraries

                        GM Glenn Carroll Weddin Shire Council – FOGL sent letter to Ms                                     Cooke re funding cuts to Libraries

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Naomi Steinhardt

Treasurer’s Report

Debbie Stanton was unable to attend meeting, she gave the report to Erica KearnesLibrarian for the June’s meeting.

May 22 Balance carried forward                                                        $1333.63

May 24 IGA account – catering costs Senior’s Morning Tea           – $179.00

May 30 Bank %                                                                                  $1.22

June 16 Donation to Uniting Church Hall                                       – $7.00

June 25 Donation from Marie Young                                                 $15.00

Balance as at 25 June 2018                                                              $1100.74

Ledger balanced with Bank account- online viewing – 25 June 2018

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Jasmine Pipe

General Business

1.         Books for Bubs

Erica Kearnes gave a talk on the background for Books for Bubs.  The Books for Bubs consists of a book and pamphlets, which is handed out to new mothers and their babies by the Community Health Baby nurse.  A motion by Patricia Smith that we purchase 20 books to have on stand by for when stocks runs low.  Members were in agreement.

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Ross Craven

2.         Invest in new FOGL stamp

The original stamp has been misplaced.  A motion by Ross Craven  that a new stamp be purchased and kept at the Library.  A self inking stamp will be the best option.

3.         Father’s day Raffle

Members decided not to have a Father’s Day Raffle, a Christmas Food Hamper Raffle instead.  More discussion on this at the October meeting.

Moved: Jasmine Pipe             Seconded: Patricia Smith

4.         Fund raising ideas

Patricia Smith handed out fund raising ideas.  Research was done, what other Friends of Libraries groups were doing.  This hand out was tabled and more discussion will take placed at the next meeting.

Moved: Patricia Smith           Seconded: Naomi Steinhardt

As there was no other business meeting closed at 7.56pm

The date of the next meeting [Tuesday July 24th 2018]

MAY 22nd 2018

PRESENT: Patricia Smith, Debbie Stanton, Anne Gault and Ross Craven,

Apologies: Ray Smith

Moved Ross Craven                                       Seconded Anne Gault

Patricia Smith welcomed members to the May meeting and informed the members that Marie Young resign from FOGL on May 3rd 2018

Minutes of the previous meeting

That minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and accurate record of the previous meeting.

Moved Patricia Smith                                     Seconded Ross Craven

Matters arising from previous meeting

Prior to discussing matters arising from the previous meeting Debbie Stanton informed the meeting that comments were made that the Seniors Morning Tea was not well advertised.  The meeting noted the feed back.

1.         Defer election of new President to AGM

            Moved Debbie Stanton                      Seconded Anne Gault

2.         Review draft copies

[checklist]

            Motion by Debbie Stanton that the draft copies be accepted and may changed

            In the future.

            Moved Debbie Stanton                      Seconded Ross Craven

Correspondence

Inward           IGA statement

Outward         Nil

Letter of appreciation to Marie Young and Uniting Church Hall committee will be written on Monday May 28th 2018.

Moved Patricia Smith                         Seconded Anne Gault

Treasurer’s Report

Inward   Nil

Outward         IGA $179.09

                        Donation $70.00 [Uniting Church Hall Committee] 

Bank balance $1332.41

Moved Debbie Stanton                      Seconded Patricia Smith

General Business

1          Election of new President be deferred until the AGM [June 26th 2018]

            Moved Ross Craven     Seconded Anne Gault

2          FOGL meetings moved to night.

            A lot of interest by potential new members if the meetings were hold at night.  These potential new members could have different and new ideas for raising funds that would benefit the Library.

Motion by Debbie Stanton that a trail basis for the period of up to twelve months.  Evening meeting will be held on the fourth Tuesday of the month. [Next meeting June 26th 2018 at 7pm]

Moved Debbie Stanton   Seconded Patricia Smith

3.         AGM June Meeting

Advertise that the AGM meeting will be held on Tuesday June 26th 2018 at 7pm in the Library.  It will be advertised one month prior to the meeting in the following form; Library Lines, Library Facebook page and Flyer on the Library glass door.

Moved Debbie Stanton    Seconded Ross Craven

4.         All positions will be vacant and elections held

Motion by Ross Craven that the Librarian Erica Kearnes be asked to chair the AGM for elections

Moved Ross Craven     Seconded Patricia Smith

5.           Arts Out West

On Sunday June 20th 2018 FOGL catered for The Arts Out West morning tea we only provided the food.  The charge for their function was $5.00 per head, thirty attended and we made $150.00.  Thank you to Anne Gault, Barbara O’Meally and Patricia Smith who provide the cooking on the day.

6.         Anne Gault commented that the minutes an Agendas were professionally done and that were made available to members prior to the meeting.  Members noted Anne’s comments and supported them.

7.         The Secretary will be writing letters to Marie Young [appreciation letter] and to the Untied Church Hall Committee [donation hall hire]

As there was no further business the meeting closed at 2.27pm.

The date of next meeting [Tuesday June 26th 2018 7pm]

APRIL 24th 2018

PRESENT:    Patricia Smith, Barbara O’Meally, Ross Craven, Debbie Stanton and Anne Gault

Apologies:      Ray Smith

Moved: Barbara O’Meally and Seconded: Ross Craven

Secretary Patricia Smith welcomed members to the April meeting.

Minutes from the previous meeting,

That minutes having been circulated to be confirmed as a true and accurate record of the previous meeting.

Moved: Ross Craven and Seconded: Patricia Smith.

Matters arising from previous meeting

1          Debrief Seniors Morning Tea

Feedback from the Morning Tea that the hot water could have been hotter.  The outside helpers were excellent along with members who helped on the day.  Anne Gault comment that numbers were down on previous years.  The event was well advertised.  Motion by Anne Gault that a donation to the Uniting Church the same as in the previous year [2017].

Moved: Anne Gault and Seconded Ross Craven

2          Electronic viewing of account

Debbie Stanton will give more info in her treasurer’s report

3          Draft Checklists for future reference

Members read their copies and a few minor adjustments were made. 

Adjustment to Functions / Events

Finalise day and time to setup the venue a day before the event or function.   Organise who is to collect the key.

Adjustment to street Stall

Item 13            Be flexible regarding collection of prize [due to the winner’s circumstances]

Moved Debbie Stanton and Seconded Anne Gault

4          Mother’s Day Raffle

A motion by Debbie Stanton that the raffle not to be held this year.

Moved Debbie Stanton and Seconded Patricia Smith

Correspondence

Inward                       Credit Union Statement

Outward                     Nil

Moved Patricia Smith and Seconded Debbie Stanton

Treasurer’s Report

Debbie Stanton has set up online access to view the bank account.  No transactions are allowed, that can be done at a later dated if members are in agreement.

Having access to the bank account allowed me to verify the ledger, there was a slight discrepancy between the ledger balance and the bank balance of $1.51

This was made up of a $2.00 addition error,0.05cent addition error and 0.44 cents interest for September 2017 being include twice,  Adjustments were made in the ledger and the correct starting balance of $752.01 recorded.

December 2017 starting balance                                                         752.01

December %                                       0.75                             752.76

January                                                            0.70                             753.46

February %                                         0.64                             754.10

Deposit as per last months report                   642.10                         1396.20

March %                                             1.01                             1397.21

Payment Seniors Week [sausage rolls]           64.80                           1332.41

Bank balance as at 16 April 2018                                                       1332.41

Ledger and Bank account balance

I am still holding $15.00 in cash donated by Marie Young for Senior’s morning tea.

Moved Debbie Stanton and Seconded Ross Craven

General Business

1          Mother’s Day Raffle

As decided in previous business the raffle will not be held this year

2          Elaine Keys verbally resign from her position as President at the Senior’s       Morning Tea.

Members accepted her resignation, and that Erica Kearnes the Librabian write a letter of appreciation to Elaine.  A motion from Ross Craven that the election of new President at the May meeting.

Moved Ross Craven and Seconded Debbie Stanton

Patricia Smith closed meeting and thanked members for attending.  Meeting closed at 2.40pm. 

The next monthly meeting Tuesday May 22nd 2018 at 2pm.

MARCH 20TH 2018

Present:  Geoff Earle, Debbie Stanton, Barbara O’Meally, Ross Craven, Elaine Keys and Patricia Smith

Apologies: Jasmine Pipe, Anne Gault, Ray Smith and Maree Young

Moved Elaine Keys and Seconded Geoff Earle

President Elaine Keys welcome all members to the March meeting’

Minutes from the previous meeting were read by Patricia Smith.

Moved Elaine Keys and Seconded Ross Craven

Matters arising from previous meeting

 1         Suggestions from Debrief Street stall

Discussion took place about future street stalls. Everyone was pleased with the profit and smooth running of our first street stall. Geoff Earle commented that the tally sheet needs revamping and doesn’t work to well if the stall gets busy. Having a roster was an excellent idea.  Barbara O’Meally said the price lists work well. A letter to Council in November 2018 to apply for a date for next year’s street stall.

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Patricia Smith

2          Senior’s Morning Tea review details

Setup Monday 26th March at 4pm Anne Gault, Geoff Earle and Patricia Smith

Catering         Tea and coffee trolley to be set up and placed at back of Hall

                        Sandwiches

[bread x3 and fillings]

                        Cocktail frankfurts Geoff Earle

                        Biscuits and slices etc

                        Lucky door prizes x6 [value $10] raffle book

                        Helpers Beth Knight, Geoff Earle, Elaine Keys, Debbie Stanton and

                        Patricia Smith

                        Arrival time 8.30am function starts 10am

Entertainment           GPS 10.15am

                                    John Willems 10.30am

                                    THLHS 11am

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Debbie Stanton

3          Checklist for future functions [Seniors Morning Tea; Street Stall]

 A motion by Debbie Stanton that a checklist for future functions, executives and members.  Patricia Smith will have a rough draft done by the next meeting.  Members all agreed and approved the motion.

Moved Debbie Stanton and Seconded Patricia Smith

Correspondence

Inward            Nil

Outward          Letter of appreciation Agnes Besant

                 Ten thank you letters [businesses who had raffle books]

                 The Henry Lawson High school [Reminder Letter]

Moved Patricia Smith and Seconded Elaine Keys

Treasurer’s Report

Inward           $482.10 Street stall

                        $50.00 Book sale [Erica]

                        $20.00 magnifying sheet [library]

                        $100.00 [pay IGA for Go Card]

                        Banked $642.10

Outward         Nil

 A motion by Debbie Stanton that she has authority to Electronic Viewing of Credit Union Account.  Members agreed that it was a good idea as it would make Debbie’s work easier’

Moved Debbie Stanton and Seconded Ross Craven

General Business

1          Senior’s Morning Tea preparations as discussed in Previous minutes. A debrief  at the April meeting

2          Rough draft of checklist [future functions / executives & members].  Discuss         at April meeting, 

3          The Henry Lawson Festival Float

            After a short discussion it was decided that we won’t have a float at the      Festival in June.

4          Mother’s day Raffle [May 13th 2018]

             Raffle tickets on sale after Easter $1 per ticket.  A donation of a gift [value           $10],

            Elaine Keys to donate gift box. Treasurer Debbie Stanton to organise $50 Go         Card.

.Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Patricia Smith

 Elaine Keys closed meeting and thanked members for attending.  Meeting closed at 2.41pm 

Next monthly meeting Tuesday April 24th 2018 at 2pm.

 February 27TH 2018

Present:  Elaine Keys, Marie Young, Barbara O’Meally, Geoff Earle, Jasmine Pipe, Debbie Stanton, Anne Gault, Ross Craven, Patricia Smith

Apologies:  Ray Smith

Moved Barbara O’Meally and Seconded Geoff Earle

President Elaine Keys welcome all members to the February meeting including two new members Debbie Stanton and Jasmine Pipe.

Minutes from the previous meeting were read by Patricia Smith.

Moved Barbara O’Meally and Seconded Geoff Earle

Sad news Agnes Besant has retired from the FOGL, we thanked Agnes for her time and support.  A letter of appreciation to be sent. 

Matters arising from previous minutes’

1/ Elected New Treasurer:

Elaine Keys nominatedDebbie Stanton for the position of Treasurer. Debbie was the only nominee and Debbie accepted.

Moved Elaine Keys and Seconded Geoff Earle

2/ New Signatories required

Elaine Keys – President

Debbie Stanton – Treasurer

Patricia Smith – Secretary

Erica Kearnes – Librarian

Any two signatories to sign Cheques.

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Anne Gault

3/ Amendments to Constitution

Anne Gault moved to delete the wording that a person has to be a resident of the Weddin Shire. Section 3 [Membership]; Paragraph c Member must be resident of Weddin Shire.

Moved Anne Gault and Seconded Geoff Earle

Members moved that the acceptance of the Constitution changes with the Amendment of the deletions of Section 3 Membership; Paragraph c Member must be resident of Weddin Shire.

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Barbara O’Meally

Members voted yes and the amendment was passed.

Anne Gault wanted it noted in the minutes of Jenny G’s contribution to FOGL be noted and appreciated.

4/ Street Stall

Raffle Grenfell Go Card $100.00 and a member of the public to draw Raffle at 2pm.  Photo to be taken and published in the Record.  Money to be in two separate containers.   1/ stall and raffle – 2/ library products.

Stall will start at 9am and ends at 2.30pm.

Debrief at the March meeting and letters to the businesses who allowed the raffle books in their stores.

5/ Seniors Morning Tea

Hall key Elaine Keys to pick up key, Anne Gault back up if key is not available.

Set up Monday March 26th at 4pm, members Geoff Earle, Anne Gault and Patricia Smith to do set up of hall.

Lucky doors prizes members to donate prize [unisex].  Catering to be finalised at the March meeting.  Marie Young donated $15.00 for party pies and sausage rolls, and Geoff Earle will donate cocktail frankfurts.

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Erica Kearnes

6/ March Meeting

A change of date for the March meeting due to the fact that it fell on the same day as Senior’s Morning Tea.  The new date for the meeting is March 20th.

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Elaine Keys

Correspondence

All correspondence will be tabled at each monthly meeting.

Inward – WSC date for Street Stall

                        – IGA Statement

                        – Credit Union Statement

                        – Jenny G letter dated 30/1/18 [Reply to letter Notice of Unsatisfactory                     Behaviour]

                        The Henry Lawson Festival re Float entry [late correspondence]

Outward         – Senior’s Morning Tea [table letters members can read]

                         – Jenny G dated 22/1/18 [Notice of Unsatisfactory Behaviour]

                         – All members received a copy of Amendments to Constitution

Moved Geoff Earle and Seconded Marie Young

Treasurer Report

Inward – N/A

Outward         – $80.06 IGA account. 

Balance $752.76.

This report was done to the best of my knowledge.

Moved Patricia Smith and Seconded Barbara O’Meally

General Business

1          Elected New Treasurer   -dealt with in Previous Business

2          Amendments to Constitution  – dealt with in Previous Business

3          Street Stall  – dealt with in Previous Business

4          March monthly meeting will be held on March 20th 2018

5          Agendas will be available on the same day as meeting

6          Apologies for the March meeting in advanced from Marie Young and Barbara     O’Meally,

7          Discussion on A Float for Lawson Festival deferred until March meeting

As no further business, Elaine Keys closed meeting and thank members for attending.

Sorry I didn’t take note the time. 

Next monthly meeting Tuesday March 20th 2018 at 2pm.

                 –